You know how we girls all love benefit cosmetics right? Their cute packaging and good quality makeup. I was in need of a new liner so I decided to purchase the Benefits: they’re real! push up eyeliner. The beauty consultant from benefit helped throughout and she also tried this product on me eyes before purchasing it. It looked super easy to use and was totally impressed the way it looked on me.
But did I really like the product? Read on to find out…
Comes in a pen like packaging with a super cool tip that’s slanted an flexible. The whole point of it’s slanted edge allows for the product to go as far as possible on the lash line and also helps you to create the perfect winged liner.
As I took the lid out, I decided to apply the liner and noticed the product is not showing up.
I thought that the liner was dried out which could not be the reason but after looking up on youtube I realised I needed to twist for the product to come out and then apply (silly me).
•Love how intense and pigmented the liner is
•Very long lasting
• I like that it does hugs the lash
• Love It’s innovative unique gel pen packaging
• Love the fact it has a slanted tip making it easy for one to create the perfect wing.
• It was a mission for me to keep on twisting for the product to come out. It took me several times trying to twist for the product to show up
• The eyeliner formular is super dry and not buildable.
• When trying to go over and build up the liner, all it does is leaves me with clumps and flakiness.
• The flexible edge becomes a bit flimsy and not sturdy after a couple of uses
• The fact that this product retails for R300 + and is not worth the price.
I don’t know if it’s just me but thats how I found the product. Overall,I am disappointed on the texture and also disappointed on how long it takes to twist up.
I would not purchase this again.
If benefit decides to come up with a better or more improved one then I definitely be more likely to give it a try!
This retails for R335 and you can purchase this from Foschini / Edgars and Redsquare.
Did you experience the same difficulties?